The discount rate problem
This session will look at the:
- Background to what has gone on with the discount rate to date and where we are up to.
- Anticipated next steps and the possible ways in which the Government might move forward with the draft legislation, given what’s set out in the Judicial Select Committee’s report.
- Route to a new discount rate and the time frames involved.
- Monetary impact of the discount rate on claims, with some worked examples.
- Challenges for the insurance industry, both in terms of driving the right outcome and taking account of the new discount rate regime when managing cases going forward.
The Grand Hotel, Brighton
AMS for IRLA international
This event is free and is available at IRLA Congress